|Noticeboard||Beth Din||Archives||Add Event||Subscribe||Privacy||Log in|
In Melbourne Shabbat begins Fri 21 Sep 2018 05:56 PM and ends Sat 22 Sep 2018 06:57 PM
ב' כסלו ה' אלפים תשס"ח
After the recent tour for men, I have been asked by a large number of ladies whether it would be possible to organise a similar tour for them.
If there is sufficient interest, David Stone and I are planning to conduct a second tour on Sunday, 9 December 2007 (during Chanukah).
The tour will be by bus, commencing at 10am and concluding by mid-afternoon. Although some of the buildings no longer exist, it is hoped either to visit or pass by the following places of interest:
· Historical plaques at the Melbourne Chevra Kadisha in Inkerman Street, and which were initially located in Carlton;
· The former Melbourne Hebrew Congregation in Bourke Street;
· The former East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation in Exhibition Street;
· 1 – 13 Drummond Street, owned by Woolf Davis, and which included a Mikvah, a Succah and a Shule;
· Melbourne City Baths;
· Chevra Torah of Rabbi Hirschowitz in Madeline (Swanston) Street;
· Jewish Commercial District – including Smorgon’s and Cohen’s Continental Cafe;
· Carlton United Hebrew Congregation;
· Woolf Davis Chevra (Stone’s Shule) and Chevra Kadisha;
· Melbourne General Cemetery, Jewish Section;
· Home of Rabbi Joseph Lippman Gurewicz;
· Machzikai Hadas (the Shtiebel);
· Hascolah Talmud Torah; and,
· East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation in Albert Street.
The cost will be $60 per person, which includes morning tea and lunch. Any ladies who wish to participate can register their interest by contacting Mina Grossman 9527 3942 firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Tuesday, 20 November.